Friday, December 31, 2010

In Search of a new BED - IKEA

We Chinese people have the most taboo, or in Malaysian language “pantang” in the world! As soon as Mrs Wong was pregnant, the “ANCIENT CHINESE RULE BOOK for PREGNANCY” came in from all angles. Here are just a few of the kejillion things that we CHINESE ppl cannot do to protect the baby…so Jr…check this out

We are finally here

1.     1- NO FISHING – I am giving up A LOT for this one….for those who know me, fishing is my life, fishing is what I am…..if you don’t believe go check out www.spiritofthesea.blogspot.com
Perving on a QUINNY one
2 - NO RENOVATIONS in da HOUSE – It is believed the god of babies known as the “Thoy Sun” is around the home during the 9 months. So any hammering, nailing, cutting, moving of the bed or furniture should be avoided….we might just knock the angel and it might hurt the baby.
PERVING on PReg Preggo


1.     3 - NO ANNOUNCING OF PREGNANCY FOR THE FIRST 3 MONTHS – The elders say that this may make the baby either shy or stubborn from being delivered or be in good shape. This I cannot follow. I am a loud, proud and one happy S.O.B and we both worked hard for Jr so its OUR PREROGATIVE to announce the conception of the new PRINCE / PRINCESS, so yeah, I broke this law
Some AWESOME SHAITS in Dragon-i
4 - NO KNEELING DOWN TO ANYONE – I don’t know the sgnificance to this one but the temple takes this seriously, so I think better don’t mess la
Hey, Its DRAGON-i man... i love this place!
 Well anyways, im not gonna dwell so much into all the other PANTANG stuff but you get my drift.
Dont let the food stop
 A week before Mrs Wong found out that she was preggers, one side of the bed kinda gave way, I wont mention which side but you get the idea which side…..so we thought we will just leave it and scout around for a new bed.
Siew Loong Pau ONE

NOICE  
Then Mrs Wong was pregnant with Jr. this means, please refer to RULE number 2, we cant do anything to the bed. We had to make do by me sleeping on the floor and Mrs Wong sleeping on the ok side of the bed.
Like lovers still when we were at Dragon - i 

This went on from the day Mrs Wong was pregnant until today! We had to seek advice from the elders on what time and what day can we have the bed changed and stuff….it was getting kinda annoying coz I haven’t been sleeping on the same bed as my wife and baby for WEEKS!
I LOVE the stuff they serve here
 So finally we got a date and went straight to Ikea to look for a suitable bed-frame. Trust me, we wanted to go to Ikea for the longest time but it just got delayed because of MULTIPLE stuff….i guess it’s a sign that we really shouldn’t move the bed.
I have no idea what that is but it sure brought smiles to my baby's face....ok we'll take it

Dont worry Jr...Daddy's got your back...you aint going into a cage like that...we'll get a nice one..

I thought this bed would have been a good choice....
 When we got to Ikea, nothing seems to make us go “Yup, that’s the one we will be making Jr 2 in, so we moved on to plan B, remove the bed frame and just sleep on the mattress. And yes I was secretly perving on other ppl’s strollers, fingers crossed no one has a BUGGABO!
NOPE, NOPE, NOPE....anyone of you guys know of a good one to buy?

Nope coz it looks too CHEESY
 The trick here is, we cannot be around when all these moving things outta the room is happening so we planned it nicely with Nic to sort it out for us when we were of to work the next day.
IKEA......

Jr...This is the hotel that your dad and mum got married traditionally during the tea ceremony

Poor Nic was only given the 1pm – 3pm slot to remove everything from under the bed and taking the bed-frame apart. Sounds ok but guess what, Nic suddenly had a job on so he couldn’t do it.

Jr....your mama so hot!

SHE can REALLY EAT!

I love this shait...Thanks DUKE for introducing this dish to us....

So right now coz my momma is in Paris, me and Mrs Wong are sleeping in mum’s room which is RATHER NOICE! The next slot to move the bed is on the 1st of Jan…..yeah right, I wont be able to move a pen on that day so we have to pick another day for this.
SWEET!

The One and ONLY.....MRS WONG...

DADDY –IKEA’d OUT!

1 comment: